PS Engineering PMA450A Enhanced Audio Selector Panel—with Streamer
The PMA450A is the second generation digitally based audio panel that is based upon a DSP (Digital Signal Processor). Licensed patented technology from the United States Air Force that was designed for the fighter pilot, who is inundated with multiple audio signals, is now available to the GA pilots.
Another leap forward is PS Engineering’s improved and unique graphical user interface. Using OLED technology, the larger display is easier to read from any angle and lighting conditions.
The new USB – C standard also brings more power to the pilot. This USB port is for powering devices up to 15 Watts, 33 % more power than was available before.
IntelliAudio® gives the pilot the capability to pay attention to the radio that is important to their flight at any one instant in time. Consider Com 1 coming from the 10 o’clock position while Com 2 is coming from the 2 o’clock position, just like being at a cocktail party, you are able to pay attention to the person who is telling you something important while ignoring the other conversations that aren’t.
The 3 Soft-key user interface is unprecedented for audio control panels. With more and more capability provided by our audio panels, we found it necessary to make the access to these functions easier. If you can read English you’ll be able to get all of the capability from the PMA450A without ever having to open up the User’s Guide.
A new option for the PMA450A is the PS Streamer™. This system will steam selected audio to external, Bluetooth® enable devices, such as ProGo® cameras or other audio dongles.
This audio panel is plug ‘n play with GARMIN’s GMA340, which makes upgrading as easy as 1-2-3. The existing wire harness and tray that is installed for the GMA340 is complete and there is nothing to add or change. Get all of the new capabilities by simply removing and replacing. A simple log book entry is all that is required.
Check list of capabilities:
- 3 Softkey User Interface integrated with OLED Graphics Display allowing intuitive operation as well as wide angel view in all levels of cockpit lighting
- IntelliAudio® True Dimensional Sound enhances the ability to listen to two com radios at the same time
- Enhanced Bluetooth® provides complete control of telephone functions at the audio panel. Caller ID, volume, answering, and hang up, all from front panel.
- Bluetooth® Music Streaming with front panel volume control
- USB-C Charging Port provides 15 Watts of power with Auto-Protection preventing electrical shorts from being an issue.
- 3 Independent Music Inputs, Music #1, Music #2, and Bluetooth® Streaming
- Enhanced Digital Aircraft Radio Recorder with display of Com and message number that is being played back
- 6 place IntelliVox® automatic VOX hi-fi stereo intercom with advanced intercom functions such as Alternate Intercom Function and Copilot as Passenger
- 3 User definable switched inputs
- Monitor Mode allows automatic muting of non-primary radio
- 3 music mute modes: Mute On, Mute Off, Radio Mute
- Volume control for Intercom, Speaker, Marker Beacon Audio, 3 Switched Inputs, Telephone, and all Music Inputs
- Built-in Marker Beacon Receiver
- Split mode for dual audio panel capability
- 3 Isolation modes - Pilot Isolate, All, and Crew
- 4 - 6 un-switched inputs
- Selectable music distribution for pilot, copilot and passengers
- RAM (Radio Active Mute) eliminates constant back ground noise from radio static
- 2-year Pro-Support Warranty