Manufacturer's Part Number: 066-01141-0201
*Note: this KT-70 Transponder sale comes with a rack and a yellow-tag.
The KT-70 is a technological step up from the popular KT-76 series of transponders. Unlike these Mode C transponders, the KT-70 is also capable of Mode S operation.
Mode S stands for "selective", and it is helpful for both the pilot and controllers. A Mode S transponder is uniquely identified, and can send this identity data. This allows the ATCRBS system to call a transponder individually (selectively), reducing bandwidth needs in crowded airspace. With 250 watts of transmission power, the KT-70 offers long range and operation at any altitude. It also takes the same amount of panel space as a KT-76 series transponder, permitting upgrades without moving other radios. (The KT-70 is a new installation, but you won't have to make space for it.)
The KT-70 features:
- Digital Panel Mounted Transponder with Mode A/C and Mode S (Select) capability
- Solid State
- 4 knobs for code selection
- Suitable for altitudes up to 50000 feet
- Pilot-programmable easy-to-read, gas discharge display includes adjustments for dimming time and brightness levels
- Display shows selected code and encoded altitude
- Mode annunciator and reply indicator
- Pushbutton VFR code
- Remote-Ident switching
- Self-test capability
- Similar to KT-71 but DOES include Mode S (Select) capability