Avidyne’s DFC90 Attitude-Based Digital Autopilot enhances precision of flight and improves safety for your aircraft.
**All Avidyne DFC90 Upgrades now include a 1 year AeroPlan Warranty that covers the Avidyne PFD and MFD as well as the DFC90. NexAir has a rotable pool of reconditioned PFDs to minimize aircraft down time.
The DFC90 autopilot is certified with the Avidyne Entegra PFD or the Aspen EFD1000 Pro PFD in the Cirrus SR20 and SR22.
The DFC90 autopilot is certified with the Aspen EFD1000 Pro in 25 models of the Beech Bonanza including the 35-33, 35-A33, 35-B33, 35-C33, 35-C33A, E33, E33A, E33C, F33, F33A, F33C, G33, H35, J35, K35, M35, N35, P35, S35, V35, V35A, V35B, 36, A36 and A36TC.
DFC90 is certified with the Aspen EFD1000 Pro in 16 models of the Cessna 182 Skylane Series including the 182E, 182F, 182G, 182H, 182J, 182K, 182L, 182M, 182N, R182N, 182P, 182Q, 182R, 182S, 182T, and the R182.
DFC90 is plug & play with the STEC55X, and STEC30/50/60-2/65 series autopilots may also be replaced by a DFC90 under these STCs.
DFC90 will utilize either an Entegra EXP5000 or Aspen EFD1000 Pro PFD as the attitude source.
The DFC90 adds the precision of an attitude-based flight control system and Avidyne’s innovative, safety-enhancing EP® capability.
The DFC90 has all the standard vertical and lateral modes of operation of a turbine-class autopilot system, including Flight Director (FD), Altitude Hold (ALT), Airspeed Hold (IAS), Vertical Speed Hold (VS), Heading (HDG), and Navigation (NAV, APPR, LOC/GS, GPSS).
Customers upgrading from the STEC 55X will notice several major performance and feature improvements including:
- Attitude-Based - Greatly improved stability due to the use of attitude data to control the autopilot inner control loops. This is particularly evident and important when tracking an ILS to minimums in windy conditions.
- EP® - Avidyne’s Envelope Protection. Prevents autopilot-induced stalls and overspeeds—which have previously been a major contributing factor in GA accidents—when the autopilot is engaged. EP also provides visual and aural warnings to the pilot.
- EA® - Avidyne’s Envelope Alerting. Available lift and speed margins are calculated constantly in the background, providing visual and aural warnings to the pilot when the aircraft is nearing its normal flight parameters, even when the autopilot is off.
- “Straight & Level” Button – Recovers the aircraft from unusual attitudes. Overrides all autopilot modes and levels the aircraft in both pitch and roll from a wide range of capture attitudes for an added measure of safety. S&L button provides added peace of mind—especially for non-pilot in right seat (i.e. Cirrus Parachute).
- Indicated Airspeed Hold (IAS) - New vertical mode includes a dedicated Airspeed knob and a new airspeed bug on the PFD. Provides constant speed flight level changes.
- Enhanced Fight Director capability of the DFC90 is vastly improved and greatly improves the ability to hand-fly approaches.
- Synchronized Heading Bug – With the DFC90, turns are commanded in correlation with the spin of the heading knob. In other words, you can make the autopilot do a right-hand 270 degree turn if you spin the heading knob right 270 deg.
There are many other improvements, such as a dedicated Vertical Speed knob, pitch hold mode, wide autopilot engagement, additional annunciations in PFD 8.0, a dedicated GPSS button, automatic Back Course Approach selection, multiple color annunciations to indicate armed and active states, intercept mode annunciations, and Avidyne’s hallmark ease of use.
Plug & Play for Beech Bonanza and Cessna 182 Owners.
C182 with DFC90 and Aspen Pro PFD.
C182 with DFC90 and Aspen Pro PFD.
- Width: 6.25" (159mm)
- Height: 1.5" (38mm)
- Depth: 10.6" (279mm)
- 2.02 lbs (0.92 kg)